Sunday, April 12, 2009

Help me change a child's life in Peru

Take a moment to imagine your life in a totally different light. Imagine being shunned, or laughed at, or hidden away by your family because they think you are cursed. Imagine not being able to attend school because of the ridicule you’d have to endure. Imagine not being able to speak or eat properly. For thousands of children in developing countries who are born with a cleft lip or cleft palate, this is a grim reality.

But these children needn’t suffer for the rest of their lives. This is something that can be fixed! A surgery to repair a cleft lip can take as little as 45 minutes and $240. Something so simple that can change a child’s life forever.

As many of you know, I have worked for Operation Smile for the last two-and-a-half years. In May I will travel to Lima, Peru to participate in my second OpSmile mission, having had the experience of my life during my first mission to Morocco in 2007. I hope you will join me in changing children’s lives by helping to fund two surgeries. Any amount is appreciated - nothing is too small! When combined with other generous souls, a life can be changed!

Even if you don't wish to donate at this time, I hope you'll check out our website to see how we're helping children around the world. I'm passionate about the work we do at Operation Smile, and I hope that you will be, too!

Click here to be taken to my personal fundraising page, where you can donate online or find the address if you'd prefer to send a check.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

No comments: