Friday, June 5, 2009

A busy week...

Luckily, though, keeping busy makes the week go by much quicker! I can't believe it's already Friday. First a confession: I didn't go to the gym at all this week. That was one of my goals while Rob was gone - to hit the gym hard. Hasn't happened.

Instead, I went over to a friend's house on Tuesday. She just moved to Ocean View, so we snuck some wine to the beach and enjoyed a great evening. Too hot to stay too long, though, as it was in the 90s, so we finally left for a restaurant (and air conditioning) to continue the night!

Last night was another night of hanging out with coworkers and enjoying wine - but this time for a good cause! It was a fundraiser for Operation Smile held at Casby's in Virginia Beach. The highlight of my evening? Drinking a shiraz called Razor's Edge (the irony being that the Donor Database system I manage for OpSmile is called Raiser's Edge!). We had a fab time, and hopefully also raised a lot of money for a good cause.

As I've mentioned earlier, Rob is out to sea until June 15 doing sea trials on the mighty USS Bush. He mentioned that there were quite a few media people scheduled to be aboard, and sure enough I saw an article tonight about the ship and what they're doing. http://tinyurl.com/lezsqh That was just in the local Newport News paper; apparently there are national media on board as well. I'll keep an eye out for those articles and post them when I find them!


No big plans for the weekend. Hopefully it doesn't continue to rain all weekend! Today I could barely see on the way home because it was downpouring so hard.


Hope you all have a good weekend!

No comments: