Friday, December 14, 2007

No News from Rob

You may have noticed I haven't posted anything lately about Rob! The ship email is down so I haven't had an email from him in about a week. He was able to call on Wednesday and we talked for about half an hour. He said that whatever the problem is with the email, it's not likely to be fixed for at least a week. They pulled into Dubai yesterday, but I haven't heard from him yet. I do know that they made it there, though, as there was an ATM withdrawal when I checked the banking account this morning!

They have a big inspection starting next week right after they leave Dubai, so Rob said that they'd be working a lot while they're in port. Then they'll start heading home! I can honestly say that I can't believe how quickly this deployment has gone. I guess it's because I've been so busy, and it helps that we've usually been able to communicate via email a couple times a day.

I sent an email to many friends and family members this week asking them to send Christmas cards to Rob on the ship. I got a really good response and several people said they would. If you need his mailing address, please send me an email and I'll give it to you (I'm not supposed to post in on the blog). I'm sure he would love to hear from everyone during the holidays!

No comments: