Monday, January 14, 2008

Last Port Visit

As I mentioned in my last post, Rob is in Malaga, Spain for his LAST port visit of the deployment! When they leave there, there's nothing but an ocean and a couple weeks separating us! Unfortunately, they didn't have much time there at all. The ordeal with the Algerian refugees cost them 10 hours, then Rob had duty yesterday. Today he was able to get off the ship, but he said the weather wasn't good so he wasn't even going to take the camera with him. His one goal: buy some wine! Interestingly enough, I was in Malaga many, many years ago, but I barely remember anything of the town. It's on the southern coast of Spain and is the birthplace of Pablo Picasso. I haven't heard anything yet about how his venture into town went, but I'll keep you posted!



Malaga is on the southern coast, just to the east of the Strait of Gibraltar.

No comments: